We are big banana eaters in my house. I wasn't much of a banana eater (with the exception of banana ice-cream!) until recently but now I'm obsessed. I love a banana with a cup of tea, which is probably the weirdest combination of all time but trust me its yum and so filling.
I've had banana bread once or twice and always found it just okay. This loaf however has CINNAMON which changes everything. It gives it a deliciously warm hint of spice and sweetness. The bananas make this a super moist loaf. The kind of cake that sticks to the roof of your mouth.
This loaf is what i imagine Autumn tastes like. It holds great in the cupboard, infact it's even better on day 2 and 3!
Recipe for Cinnamon Banana Bread
- 220g plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp bread soda
- 150g caster sugar
- 45g butter,room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line loaf tin.
- In a large bowl beat butter until completely softened and add sugar. Continue beating. Gradually add your eggs until mixture is creamy.
- Mash bananas. Addd banans and vanilla to mixture and beat slowly. Sieve flour,cinnamon and bread soda together. Fold into mixture until it is 'just mixed'. Don't worry if there are a few lumps!
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 45-50 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in tin for 10 mins and transfer to wire rack.
Hope everyone is having a great week!