This tart is the definition of delicious. It has a crunchy pastry crust with a smooth moist frangipane filling and sweet strawberries dotted throughout. It is definitely up there with my all time favourite tarts. It went soo fast in our house, literally 10 minutes I'd say. I should have made two!
I got a fantastic batch of strawberries, they were perfectly sweet and juicy. It kinda went like most of my baking adventures do......one for the tart, one for Shirley.
Recipe for Strawberry Frangipane Tart
- 350g shortcrust pastry
- 110g butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- 110g ground almonds
- 25g plain flour
- 200g strawberries approx (size depending)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare the pastry and blind bake following the instructions from my Rhubarb Tart Recipe.
- For the frangipane, cream the butter in a bowl until very soft. Add the sugar and beat until pale and fluffy. Slowly add the egg and yolk, continuing to beat all the time. Fold in the ground almonds and flour until combined.
- Spread the frangipane into the baked pastry case and spread evenly. Chop strawberries in half or quarters, if very large, and arrange as desired. I didn't particularly push the strawberries deep into the mixture as the frangipane will rise up around it.
- Bake for 30-40mins or until the tart is golden in colour. It should feel set when you gently press it. Leave cool or serve warm.
We had this tart warm with a big dollop of whipped cream, it was devine. I'm not a huge fan of fresh cream but it perfectly complimented the sweetness of the strawberries and the crunch of the pastry.......just mmmmm!
I am super excited to enter this tart into this months Calender Cakes, hosted by the lovely Laura. It is my first time entering even though I have followed the two hosts Lauralovescake and Dollybakes for quite a while. It is a summer fruits theme so this tart is perfecto!