I'm a huuuuge fan of peanut butter. At school I used to get in so much trouble with my friends who are clearly not peanut butter lovers ( aliens, I know), for bringing peanut butter sandwiches for lunch. Ill eat it on pretty much anything bread,crackers,celery but to be fair its usual off a spoon :)
Peanut butter and chocolate belong together in my opinion. Instead of adding chocolate chips, I went right in with chunks. These cookies are soft and chewy and insanely moreish.They were really quick to whip up and bake within a few minutes. Absolute winner in my peanut butter lover book!
Recipe for Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Makes 12 giant cookies
- 70g butter, softened
- 125g smooth peanut butter
- 60g light brown sugar
- 55g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 125g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 90g chocolate, chopped into chunks or use chips if you wish.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Place the butter,peanut butter and sugars into a large bowl and beat until light and fluffy.Gradually add the egg until it is fully incorporated in the mixture.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder together and fold it into your mixture. You can do this by hand or on the lowest speed on a mixer.Add your chocolate chunks/chips and combine.Your mixture should be pretty much a firmish dough and easy to handle.
- Roll the mixture between your hands to create balls which can then be placed onto the baking sheet. The cookies can be as big or as small as you like but remember that the mixture will spread out when cooking so do not put them too close together.
- Bake for 15-20mins or until lightly brown and the centre still gooey. Leave cool (if you can, I couldn't) on a wire rack.
Finito! Whip up to impress any peanut butter lovers you know :)