If you are creme egg obsessed then this cupcake is for you! I know its probably hard to get your hands on the mini creme eggs now but if you do......
These babies are not just topped with the little egg of gooiness, there is also one inside the cupcake..SURPRISE! "Ooooooo" seemed to be the main reaction. Don't you just love biting into a cupcake or muffin to find something delicious stuffed in?
I decided to go for the Mini eggs as I didn't want it to overwhelm the cupcake but it didn't, so if you you feel the urge to stick a full sized Cadburys creme egg in there, go for it!
"How to put Cadbury's Creme Egg inside a Cupcake?"
What you need
- Your favourite chocolate cupcake batter. You could use a box mix just as easy whatever works for you!
- Cadbury's Creme Eggs minis or be a rebel and go original size:)
- A freezer
- Place your Creme Eggs in the freezer for 10 mins. You want them to be chilled, not frozen. This way the egg doesn't loose its thick chocolatey shell and the gooey consistency of the egg remains the same.
- Preheat oven & whip up your cupcake batter.
- Fill your Cupcake cases 1/3 of the way with your batter.
- Remove your eggs from the freezer and place onto your batter. This way the egg is in smack bam in the middle of your cupcakes.
- Spoon over your remaining cupcake batter until 2/3 full.
- Into the oven for the required cooking time and cool.
You'll be left with a delicious cupcake with a chocolatey gooey surprise inside! I topped mine with Swiss Meringue buttercream and half a creme egg. The eggs cut perfectly in half the fact they were chilled. Would love to get my hands on some caramel eggs.....