The funny thing about these "witches fingers" I've found is, because they look so unappetizing people aren't inclined to eat them but Halloween can't be all about fancy cupcakes! I like the fact they look so gross lol!
Again this is up there with the worst of the worst photos but I shall up my photography game, I've really got to be less lazy and actually use my camera instead of my phone.....lazybones!
Recipe for sugar cookies
Ingredients for vanilla sugar cookies
- 200g caster sugar
- 100g icing sugar
- 300g unsalted butter, diced.
- 2 large eggs.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 500-550g all-purpose flour, sifted.
- Extra flour for kneading and rolling.
For decoration :30-40 blanched almonds, cut into halves after the skin is removed
1 teaspoon dark cocoa powder + a little brush
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- In a bowl or in the kitchen mixer with paddle attachment, mix the two types of sugar, vanilla and the egg.
- Add the flour and the butter and keep mixing just until the dough comes together.
- Knead the dough lightly by hand on your flour dusted kitchen counter and wrap it well in cling film and put it in a plastic bag. Chill the dough for 2 hours or if caught for time I have put in the freezer for 30mins.
- Take a small piece of cookie dough and roll it back and forth. You should make the finger long and thinly,think witch long and creepy. Pinch and form knuckles. Score with a sharp knife and transfer the fingers to the prepared baking sheet. Place a almond “nail” on the cookie fingers. Chill for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Put your fingers in the oven for 12-15 mins until lightly browned. Transfer to cooling rack and leave cool completely. When cooled dust with a little cocoa powder and your cookies are ready!
Enjoy (or watch people make disgusted faces at them,either way they're great!)