YAAAY! I'm back. I'm finally back on the baking track. The last few weeks have been so hectic I'm honestly sooo tired the whole time. I will admit that alcohol has a lot to do with it. If I go out on a Saturday night, I am not functioning properly until Wednesday, even Thursday and then another birthday rolls around on the Saturday! I'm sooo old!
Anyway besides the birthday season kicking my ass, I've had a few baking disasters. One batch of burnt naan bread in the bin to be joined by a burnt batch of cookies a few days later. You know you are all over the place when you burn cookies. I have learnt to make my timer my best friend, I usually just guesstimate the time....ya lesson learnt!
By the way I must ask all you fellow bakers out there..... Does your oven smell of baked goods all the time? I LOVE IT! The other day G came home from work, the first thing he said was "hmmm what are you baking?" with a big smile on his face.........It was chicken! But my oven smells of baked goods all the time, Preheating my oven is like lighting a scented candle for me, crazy.....amm maybe :)
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups of plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Mix in you chocolate chips.
- Place your mixture on to some film and roll into a sausage shape. Wrap parchment paper around this and place into the fridge for at least an hour but preferably over-night. You can actually freeze this too and cook straight from frozen.
- Preheat your oven to 180 °C. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
I love the way the chocolate stays gooey and melted even when cooled, I did add some white chocolate chips as well but they don't stay in melty,gooeyness form. Delicious none the less :)