I recently spotted these delicious muffins on My Baking Addiction and immediately wanted to bake them. I had some blueberries and raspberries so I made some of each. I didn't get around to doing the glaze but they are so delicious and moist its hard to only have the one. I even made Ger take some to work so I wouldn't eat them all myself lol!
Recipe for Raspberry/Blueberry Muffins
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/3 cup fresh blueberries/raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Lightly grease a standard muffin tin, or line with 12 paper muffin cups.
- In a bowl, combine the lemon zest and sugars. Mix the zest into the sugars until it is moist and fragrant.
- Cream together the butter, vegetable oil, and sugars until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla, beating to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour and making sure everything is thoroughly combined. Fold in the Raspberries/blueberries. I used more berries than the recipe says,just be sure not to overload the mixture.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pan, filling the cups 2/3 full.
- Bake the muffins for 15 to 17 minutes, or until they’re a pale golden brown and a cake tester ( I use a skewer) comes out clean.
These really wont last long!