Recipe for Lemon Cheesecake
- 12 digestive biscuits
- 1/2 weight of biscuits in butter / margarine
- 300g tub of Philadelphia cheese
- 400g can of condensed milk
- Juice of 2 or 3 lemons (to taste)
- Weigh the digestive biscuits then weigh out exactly half the weight of the biscuits in margarine. Place the biscuits into a blender and give it a quick whiz.
- Melt the butter in a pan, then add to the crushed biscuits and blend until the butter has combined with the mixture.
- Spread the crumb mixture into a 8" springform pan and place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- In a bowl, empty the Philadelphia cheese, condensed milk and lemon juice and mix well with a blender until there are no lumps. Pour the mixture on top of the base and smooth over with a spatula, then refrigerate. You can probably eat the cheesecake after 2 – 3 hours, but it is much better if left over night.
This cheese cake is light and zesty.It is always a winner in my house!