This morning I think I have sneezed 4 billion times, looked like a women who was crying while walking to the pharmacy and then coughed my way home. I detest taking antihistamines, they make me sooo sleepy even the apparent "non-drowsy" ones.
Dear Pollen count, Give a girl a break!
So what does one need when feeling rubbish........Cupcakes :)
Recipe for Chocolate Malteser Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 heaping tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3-4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- 2 packets of maltesers
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- In a saucepan,gently melt the butter,add cocoa and mix. Carefully add the boiling water and boil for 30 seconds. Turn off heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour and sugar. Pour in the chocolate mixture and combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg and buttermilk. Add the vanilla and baking soda.
- Pour egg mixture to your chocolate/flour mixture and mix well. This is quiet a runny mixture so I transfer mine to a jug, which makes it easier to fill the cupcake cases!
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Beat butter until softened,add icing sugar and beat for 1 minute,add vanilla and milk and beat for 3-4 minutes. If too thick, add more milk until you get the desired consistency. Crush maltesers while still in package and add to butter cream,mix! If you plan on piping this butter cream make sure your maltesers are finely crushed!
I also snuck in a couple of maltesers into the bottom of some of the cupcakes, just to see if it would make them yummier and when it came to frosting them I couldn't remember which ones they were! So I'm nosy to test my palette and see if I can tell which ones are which ;)