St. Patricks Day sugar cookies
Ingredients for vanilla sugar cookies
- 200g caster sugar
- 100g icing sugar
- 300g of unsalted butter, diced.
- 2 large eggs.
- 1 tsp of vanilla.
- 500-550g all-purpose flour, sifted.
- Extra flour for kneading and rolling.
1. Preheat oven to 170°C.
2. In a bowl or in the kitchen mixer with paddle attachment, mix the two types of sugar, vanilla and the egg.
Add the flour and the butter and keep mixing just until the dough comes together.
3. Knead the dough lightly by hand on your flour dusted kitchen counter and wrap it well in cling film and put it in a plastic bag. Chill the dough for 2 hours.
4. Roll out your dough cut to desired shape (in this case shamrocks),put in the oven and bake for 15-20 mins depending on your oven.
5. Decorate! I used fondant to decorate these with little help of some edible markers.
Here's how I made the shamrock,you can do it freehand but the heart shaped cutter made life so much easier!
Hope everyone has great and safe paddys day!