My other half Ger has been plaguing me for scones for the last few weeks so last weekend I finally gave in and baked him some. I dunno what it is with me and scones but I literally cannot eat more than one of these,they are the most filling things ever! These are plain scones but there is so many variations around,every time I make some I'm gonna try different flavours. I have a feeling I'll be making these more often anyway just to satisfy Ger's love of scones, luckily they're easy-peasy!
Recipe for Scones
- 225g self raising flour, sieved
- 150ml milk approx.
- 25g caster Sugar
- 25g margarine
- 1 beaten egg, for glazing
- Pre-heated oven 200°C for 10-12 mins
- Mix flour and sugar in a large bowl. Add margarine and rub until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add milk little by little to make a soft dough. Knead slightly to bring dough together and remove any cracks.
- Roll out your dough to 1” in thickness and cut using a cutter.
- Place on a baking tray and brush with egg for a lovely shiny glaze. this is completely optional.
- Bake and leave cool on a wire rack.
Bit of butter,bit of jam..........hmmmmm!